Social Icons

Pages

Thursday 12 July 2012

A Moment of Pure Joy

In this busy and hectic life
Which often made my sigh and cry
All I ever wanted was
To have a moment of pure joy

My crazy and fast paced life
Seemed to be full of worry and strife
Happiness had become a sacred word
Never to be experienced but only heard

Happiness had become a thing of the past
Which I had in abundance when I was a kid
All my moments of joy were shrouded in fear
As I worried that this joy and happiness will not last

To have a moment of eternal peace and bliss
To be in total harmony with the universe
I craved for a moment of pure joy
To be as happy as a small boy

To be happy and joyful, I realized
I must live fully and not merely exist
Not to let fear and worry take their toll
To fill with peace my mind, body and soul

I realized my natural state was to be happy
To experience joy and happiness unbound
Not to be held prisoner by the fears all around
In the waters of misery not to drown

I learnt that a life without joy is inanimate
That it is parched and has no value
Without joy I could not create and achieve
I wanted to be happy and not to grieve

I learnt that being happy and joyful is a choice
Pure joy will always be within my reach
I must grasp it and make it a part of my life
A moment of joy is worth more than thousand years of strife

No comments:

Post a Comment